So I went to see Judas Priest last night, and they were pretty damn good. Theres not many bands that serve you a big dollop of cheese with your metal and get away with it, but JP can. I go to shitloads of gigs but last night a few things got up my tits
1. If your guitar (you know who you are Richie Faulkner) doesnt work after 4 songs, go old school and use a fuckin lead and not a radio transmitter.
2. I dont know if its because I was sat near an exit in the circle, but I have never seen so many middle aged blokes get up and go for a piss. Go to your doctors and get your prostates checked out. They have tablets for that sort of thing. One bloke in the row in front of me got up 6 bastard times, That really took the piss!
3. Rob, you are a Metal God 'an all, but Cher changes outfits less times than you did last night
4. Rob, When I pay £45 for a ticket, I want to hear YOU sing it. Its Judas FUCKING Priest, and NOT a Robbie Williams gig
5. Oh yeah, finally. If you have paid a lot for a ticket, I expect to hear a band, and not the twat sat next but one to me trying to have a converstion with his missus (sat next to me). He even kept on trying to engage the bloke in the row in front into conversations throughout the evening
Apart from that, they fucking rocked. I am assuming that most of my rants happen at all the gigs I attend but last night somthing struck a chord, and it wasn't Richie Faulkner (for four songs anyway)
Next in the series......Ticketmaster!!
The site is moving. Please redirect to www.needle-in-the-groove.com as blogger won’t let me redirect to a non-blogger site Rock Reviews - Classic. AOR. Prog. Metal. Album Reviews - Interviews - Live Reviews A blog dedicated to followers of Rock music. email - email@example.com Twitter - @chesyrockreview Now on Facebook! 'Chesyrockreviews'
- Born in the late 60's, Chesy hails from a Welsh mining village with a long name and was pretty glad when he got the Hell out of there. He got into Rock/Metal in about 1980, thanks to a TISWAS related incident (Rainbow video for All Night Long) and thankfully has never looked back. Chesy often sang solo in the school choir, but thanks to a puberty related incident his voice is now completely bolloxed, although in his own head Paul thinks he sounds like a blend of Coverdale and Dio (R.I.P). He was brought up on the classics - Deep Purple, Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Rush, Whitesnake and loved melodic rock and the Hair Bands of the 80's. (Nowadays, he has progressed a little and prefers a more technical and/or progressive metal - Dream Theater, Rush, Symphony X, Porcupine Tree, Pain Of Salvation, Spock's Beard. He hates Black and Death Metal (can't stand the grunting) but for some unknown reason loves the magnificent Opeth! He wont stop this blog until his beloved FM finally play the likes of the NEC as a headlining act!!!
Sunday, 17 July 2011
Random Rants (No.1)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
There's always some Muppet that thinks it's a private gig for them.ReplyDelete
As for people getting up to go for a pee I've never understood why you'd pay all that money to go to a gig and then drink so much you miss half in the loo and can't remember the other half.
Basically they should all do whatever I want and not what they want....seems fair.